Monday, March 31, 2008

Frustrated Incorporated

Still no word on the house. It has been 5 weeks today since we put in our offer on the short-sale in the West A neighborhood. The most frustrating part is that several weeks ago we were told that we would get a response in a few days. Since then, our agents' calls to the responsible bank have gone unanswered and unreturned. We have been trying to decide how long we are willing to wait for this house before withdrawing our offer and pursuing other options. To add even more anxiety,the other house that we really liked in the same area has an offer on it now too.

The good news is we have no real impetus for moving, other than the obvious desire to own a home, and therefore can afford to wait. I think maybe we are supposed to be learning something about patience.


Harp said...

I live pretty close to the west A neighborhood. Good place to live and a short riding distance to the parks.

crewcabrob said...

Don't let the house hunting/purchasing get you down. It seems like a great time to buy one and if you have a few you are looking at, it sounds like you are way ahead of the game. Good luck and I hope one of the front runners comes through for you.

It should be a good weekend to ride. Way better than our first time out togeather with Harp. Those were some hard miles.


millhouse said...

Thats one of the main reasons we wanted to live out there. Plus we have some good friends nearby.